Ethiopian Sidamo Coffee (SOLD OUT)
Kenyan Coffee (SOLD OUT)
It costs only $450 to put an African child through school for a year, 5 percent of every Woodsmoke coffee purchase goes to educating African coffee farmers’ children. Buy some great coffee today and help us give our farmers’ children a chance to a brighter future. BUY AFRICA. SUPPORT AFRICA.
Woodsmoke is bringing high quality, freshly roasted, and socially conscious coffee to the United States. Our coffee goes beyond fair trade – it is about relationships. We are working directly with our farmers to improve their farming practices and their lives. Woodsmoke is offering Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee, both only of the highest standards. When you buy Woodsmoke coffee you are assured that the beans are fresh, as all coffee roasted more than 14 days old is discarded. Woodsmoke coffee makes for a great gift.
Why Support Education?
- Without an education there is no hope in life, no matter how hard you work the plain fact is that if you do not have an education you do not have much chance in life.
- Africa does not need aid, they need trade. Fair Trade in Africa can only happen once the youth are educated to make smart economic and business decisions. This is lead by obtaining a good education so that they can vote in good leaders and make choices based on sustainable trade ideals.
- Africa needs sustainability and that comes through educating the youth. The old proverb goes; “give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.” This is what Africa needs; they need to be able to trade with the world on a basis where they understand the outcome of their decisions.
There are 3 golden laws to enjoying great coffee:
- Only buy coffee that has been roasted within 14 days. After 14 days the beans lose most of their flavor.
- Only buy beans. Coffee loses its flavor 5 minutes after it’s ground, so only grind right before you brew.
- Buy African Coffee. It is the birthplace of coffee and is the greatest coffee in the world.
Woodsmoke’s Kenyan coffee is from the Chania Estate, French Mission Varietal. It has a hint of rich red wine, dark berries, and slightly citrusy. This is an outstanding coffee that has a clean taste with rich overtones to it.
Woodsmoke’s Ethiopian Sidamo coffee has been grown in the Sidamo region of Ethiopia at 1850-2100 meters. This coffee has a smooth, clean aroma with noticable depths of berries and a hint of Jasmin. The acidity is perfect not too sour or burnt with a full body to the coffee.